Thursday 30 April 2009

Presentation

I genereally struggle infront of people to speak properly, I stutter and talk to fast and ramble about shit. So presentations are something that I don't describe as my strongpoint. So far throughout university I have done three presentations, each of them a giant fail at life
.
The first presentation was about a month into univeristy, and all was going good until the printers in the library didnt work and I was the only person in my group to have their work printed off, so I was the only one to turn up out of my group, and I turned up late and out of breath (because I was waiting for them to print thier speeches off), so I had to read out my part of the presentation (which didn't make sense without the other group member's parts before it) constantly stuttered and said it too fast. When I was done the seminar tutor called me inadequate and pathetic in front of the entire class.
The second presentation I did was about 2 months ago, all was going fine and dandy until I went to click to go onto the next slide on the powerpoint, as I bent over to click, my ass pushed the switch off behind me, which was the switch to the projector. In a desperate attempt to save the situation I tried to turn it back on, but it didnt work. I suppose me saying "fat ass" as soon as it clicked off didnt help.
The last presentation I did was on tuesday, It didnt go that bad, apart from the fast that the foundation of a presentation is speaking... and I lost my voice. This was because of the sore throat I've had for the past week or two. I constantly tried to speak before the presentation started, but either sounded like a rapist, a mouse or a mute. My voice eventually started working-ish in time for the presentation, even if I did sound like the voice in a horror movie advert.
I think that presentations are getting less embarrasing over time, so maybe on my next on it might possible pass as enjoyable, but I somehow doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment